Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I Demand More Donuts!

Hello everyone!

So good news: guess who got a new camera! Yep, I did. So be prepared to be blown away with high-def photos! (By high-def I mean photos that are just so much clearer than the ones I have been taking with my iPhone). After getting the new camera, I thought I just had to test it out, and what better way than with more donuts?

Since I did vanilla donuts for Father's Day, I thought I'd take my mom's tastes into consideration this time, and do chocolate donuts. I found a chocolate donut recipe in my nifty little BabyCakes Recipe Book (which comes with the Donut Maker) and got to work.



I am going to become so obsessed with this donut maker; I just know it. These only take 4 minutes! Well, it takes more like 30 minutes if you add in the prep time. Oh and before I forget, if you plan on trying this recipe (or any recipe that requires piping batter) you need to take this tip on filling the pastry/Ziploc bag from LovefromtheOven, using the glass to hold the bag open is genius.

Now, be prepared for a multitude of adorable donut photos!






So there you have it: more delicious donuts in under an hour. If you don't own the Donut Maker, I would suggest buying the donut pan, which might be more efficient since it has 24 donut molds as opposed to the 6 in my donut maker. As far as taste, I am much more inclined to vanilla donuts with chocolate frosting, but these were pretty good. My mom swears they are amazing, so I would take her word over mine since shes the chocolate donut aficionado.

BabyCakes Chocolate Donuts with Vanilla Frosting

1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey's)
1 egg
1 tbsp baking powder
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla

1. Whisk together all dry ingredients in one large bowl.
2. To the dry ingredient mixture, add the egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Using a hand mixer, blend until just smooth.
3. Fill donut pan/maker cavities with approximately 2 tbsp of batter.
4. Cook 4-5 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Let cool and then frost or coat with powdered sugar

Vanilla Frosting

1/4 cup melted butter
1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp warm water

1. Blend melted butter with powdered sugar.
2. Blend in vanilla.
3. Blend in warm water until it reaches frosting consistency.

2 comments:

  1. You have me convinced-I really do need to get a donut pan. I am missing out on all these tasty round treats, but not for long. Thanks for sharing
    flourtrader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete