This will be another quick post as I am still running the gauntlet that is Rutgers Midterms. Sigh, why can't I just get graded for how delicious these cupcakes are?
Key Lime Pie Cupcakes: what a thought. Now I am always a bit disappointed with citrus-y cupcakes, because the tartness from the fruit just isn't there. So I was pleasantly surprised when these cupcakes: moist, dense, and sweet, were also so full of lime flavor that I almost puckered a little when I ate one. Almost.
The best part of this recipe though? The graham cracker cream cheese frosting. It turns these cupcakes as close to key lime pie cheesecakes as it gets, and I will admit I had trouble keeping myself from licking the
Fresh, sweet, and summery, I am loving these Key Lime Pie Cupcakes. Though the frosting is sure to make any kind of cupcake decadent; I foresee a Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcake in the future!
But for now, I hope you enjoy these cupcakes as much as I did; they sure made 3 exams and 2 papers a little less stressful. I will return to OnSugarMountain (hopefully) soon, with many more sweetly inspired posts and recipes that will make you want to get up and bake them yourself!
As always, Happy Baking!
Key Lime Pie Cupcakes Via TheCupcakeProject
1 1/2 cups cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup key lime juice (or just lime juice if you can't find key lime)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease/line 18 muffin cavities in muffin pans
2. Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then beat in eggs (one at a time) until fully incorporated.
4. Add milk and key lime juice to egg mixture and beat until well incorporated. Fold in flour mixture gently until just combined.
5. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way full with batter and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. The top of the cupcake should spring back when lightly touched with a finger (even if the center is still a bit wet!)
6. Let cool completely before icing.
Graham Cracker Cream Cheese Frosting
1/4 cup butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese
3/4 cup crushed graham crackers
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
1. Beat butter and cream cheese until well combined. Beat in vanilla extract and then slowly add powdered sugar.
2. Fold in graham cracker crumbs.