Friday, May 11, 2012

Cookie Dough Topped Brownies

Hello all,

I am positively giddy with excitement as I right this post. Would you like to know why?

Drumroll...


I made it into FoodBuzz's Top9 today with my Birthday Cake Fudge!

Because of this honor, for the first time ever, I had over 1000 hits today on the blog. It has made my day and I just want to thank each and every person that voted me into the Top9.

If I could, I'd thank you all with a batch of these Cookie Dough Topped Brownies!


Alas, I could never make that many brownies in so short a time, so I will have to be satisfied with sharing the recipe with you all and letting you know that there are, in fact, my new favorite brownies. End of story.

Seriously, who ever thought of egg-less cookie dough is a genius. I now want to use it in every cake, cupcake, brownie and sweet treat that comes out of my kitchen. I even saw a recipe for cookie dough stuffed whoopie pies - which I will let you all know right now I'm so going to test out ASAP.


It is a bit on the sweet side, but I promise you one bite will not be enough. Once you start, it is a sweet slippery slope into cookie-dough-brownie bliss.

Speaking of bliss, between these brownies and making Top9 I am spent! I hope you test these brownies out for yourselves and share them (or not) with your friends. I'm off to make some delicious lemon loaves for Mother's Day this weekend, but I'll be sure to share the sweet success with you all on Monday!

Happy Baking!



Cookie Dough Topped Brownies Via RecipeGirl


for the brownies:
1 cup melted, salted butter
4 oz chopped unsweetened chocolate
2 cups packed brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips

for the cookie dough:
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup salted butter, room temp
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp flour
2 cups chocolate chips (mini if you have them)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan with cooking spray
2. Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second intervals until smooth. Let cool slightly.
3. Whisk together melted butter and brown sugar, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Slowly stir in flour, mixing until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Spread brownie batter into prepared pan and bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes, or until just set in the center. Let cool completely.

5. Meanwhile, make the cookie dough. Use a hand/stand mixer to beat together butter and both sugars, then beat in milk, vanilla and flour. Stir in chocolate chips.

6. Press cookie dough over top of cooled brownies. Stick in fridge for a few hours to set up, then cut into squares and serve!

18 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Top 9! This brownie is just wrong...can I have a dozen, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita!

      Sounds so wrong...but tastes so right :D

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on Top 9, that's great! I think I need to stop coming by, all of your sweets look so good! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica!

      I personally hope they are so good-looking you can't HELP but stop by :D

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Your brownies look fantastic too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so happy to see you on top 9... well deserved. :) These look fantastic too.:) Have a great weekend. ~Ramona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ramona!

      It means a lot to me that you consider it well-deserved :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! Both your fudge and your brownies look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah.. my favorite kind of brownies. I saw this on top 9 but totally missed hopping over that day! Congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Baker Street!

      After experimenting with these they are now my favorite brownies as well :D

      Delete
  7. Ahhhhhhh!! Those look frekkin amazing! I am a total sucker for cookie dough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ravinomnoms!

      I am too - after this I just want to use eggless cookie dough in everything! :D

      Delete