Monday, February 27, 2012

Quick Clementine Muffins

Hello all!

I know you are all so surprised to hear from me! But this is a quick post to share with you one of my favorite treats ever...

the muffin.


Because, no matter how many exams or papers I may have, I always have time for muffins. Like Jim Gaffigan said, "they're like muffin vitamins" and are important to maintaining my, erm, sanity to say the least.

So, clementine muffins. Simple, quick, delicious, and wonderfully reminiscent of the warmer weather I and my Northeast friends have been teased with these past few weeks. Will the warm weather stay? Probably not. Will these muffins stick around for long?





Also a negative.

Now, before I go I must share with you all some important news. Sadly, Blogger is getting rid of Google Friend Connect (gasp!) and I will lose all of you my lovely followers unless you switch your subscription! Please subscribe via the new button for BlogLovin, rss, email, or Google Reader to keep updated with all the sweet recipes you see On Sugar Mountain, and to keep me from losing my mind over losing all of YOU!

That's it for this week. As I run out to take another exam I hope you all continue to subscribe to OnSugarMountain and return for more sweet treats like these muffins!

Happy Baking!


Quick Clementine Muffins Slightly Adapted from TheNoviceChef
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
zest and juice from 3 clementines

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease 8 cavities in a standard muffin pan.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, oil, milk, vanilla, zest and juice.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
5. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes
6. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
7. Dip top of muffin in Clementine Glaze (recipe follows) and then quickly dip in Clementine Sugar (recipe follows)
8. Store for up to 3 days in airtight container.

Clementine Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
3-4 tbsp clementine juice
splash of milk

1. Slowly add juice to powdered sugar and whisk until thick glaze comes together. Add splash of milk if mixture is too thick.

Clementine Sugar
1/2 cup sugar
zest from 2 clementines

Mix sugar and zest together with fingers until well incorporated.

6 comments:

  1. Your muffins are perfection - beautifully domes and full of delicious refreshing flavour :D
    Bookmarked!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru
    Latest: Marbled Muffintopcookiecake Hybrids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Choc Chip Uru!

      Perfection is a word I can never get enough of - especially when it's concerning muffins. :D

      Delete
  2. These sound delicious. I bet I could pop 'em like candy... er.. vitamins. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cake!

      Muffins vitamins are important you know. ;) I believe they might even constitute their own food group...

      Delete
  3. This is a muffin I could love! They wouldn't last long at my house either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara!

      They definitely didn't last long at all with my friends, and I feel like I might get ambushed for them at college now with all the nice weather we've been having! :O

      Delete