Monday, September 12, 2011

Sweet Escapes - PetitPlat

Hello all!

Another Monday, another week full of utterly shocking amounts of reading and classwork. Oh college, how I forgot how it worked while I was away this summer! Aside from reading for classes every moment I have (even on buses, and I used to get motion sickness doing that) I have finally found a moment of peace to introduce you all to one of my many favorite fake food jewelry shops: PetitPlat.

Who knew that by simply typing the word "cupcake" into Etsy's search engine, one could find dozens upon dozens of cupcake earrings, necklaces, rings, pins etc. So I thought to myself, I wonder if you type in other foods if you find other food jewelry?

My friends: we hit the jackpot, and this shop is just the beginning of my obsessions.



If you have not guessed it, I want almost everything in this shop. Unfortunately, I feel I must warn any of you who share this obsession with me - these are pricey. The seller is from France and the prices are in Euros (which means almost twice as much in USD). Although I'll admit, If I was not a college student who constantly feels like she is getting ripped off one way or another, I would buy out her entire shop.



On another note, her photography skills (if it's her taking the photos) is phenomenal. I would love to get some pointers from her, since she can apparently make her fake food look more appetizing than my real food. Those little cookie earrings look better than any cookie I've made in real life. Maybe I should just start working in clay instead of with dough (just kidding!).



I am just so impressed with the realistic features of her work. I buy a lot of my food jewelry from Claires (since its not overseas and I don't have to pay the Euro price) and it's all very cute, but this is way more impressive. The textures make it look just so....well, yummy.

This has been this week's Sweet Escape! I hope I've inspired you to go and venture out and find some quirky food jewelry of your own! I'm telling you; it's quite a conversation starter. I hope to go shopping (finally!) for baking supplies this weekend so hopefully recipes will resume shortly. I appreciate you all bearing with me during the hectic time that has been re-adjusting to college. :) 

3 comments:

  1. That jewelry is adorable! I love the donut earrings and the cupcake necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry. We all will be here when things calm down for you. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete